Saturday, October 30, 2010

Right now

thousands of people are gathering/gathered at the National Mall in DC for the Rally to Restore Sanity/Keep Fear Alive. I felt very compelled to attend said Rally, as I am a huge fan of both Stewart and Colbert, but due to both my lack of confidence and poor planning, I'm currently sitting on my couch in sweat pants.
I'm attending a very big event tonight (I spent several hours making a costume for it yesterday) and earlier in the season decided that festivity would be sufficient for my '10 Halloween weekend. However, upon learning that not only my brother, sister in law, and niece were attending, but also my big sister's best friends, I felt a stab of jealousy. Then learned there was an actual bus going from the Rally to the event! "I must go!" said I.
Around 9 PM my planning commenced. With a 27 dollar Greyhound ticket purchased all I needed to do was hash out the details.
Fuck details.
Several hours of pour internet connection and confusing options and limitations to my travel plans, I resorted to calling a friend, Both, for dear help. After embarrassing myself with my panicked attitude and indecisive self, I finally rested on the fact that it just wasn't practical. For the extreme lack of money I currently have, even my wasted 27 dollars isn't enough leverage to get me there.
So too all Rally attenders, I hope you enjoy this fabulous day of sanity and reason. May the merry commodore of American spirit be with you all. For me, I'm just going to enjoy my "event" to the fullest extent with a little tiny bit of cash left in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment